MASA -- Marché des Arts du Spectacle Africain
Michelle Mielly, PhD candidate, Harvard Univertsity
MASA (Marché des Arts du Spectacle Africain), or the "Market for African Theater Arts" is a bi-annual event with a significant number of representations, and its next session will be from March 1 to March 8th, 2003. Werewere Liking's Ki-Yi Troupe will be presenting their pan-African epic prooduction, Sogolon Kedjou.
Among the array of production collaborators:
- Werewere-Liking and her Ki-Yi Mbock Troupe, 25 polyvalent actors, dancers, musicians, and singers
- Zadi Zaourou, Iviorien Master or Drama, poetry, and University of Abidjan professor
- Ray Lema, Musician, composer, and arranger for the music of Sogolon .
- Pina Bausch, monument of European danse, is the production choreography consultant
- Yannis Kokos, a giant of French opera design and production, is in charge of stage design
- Pathé Ouédraogo of Burkina Faso and original pioneer in African fashion, is the costume designer
- Sam Bapes, light engineering
Last modified 3 October 2002