Suggestions for Research Topics
From Poetry in English from Singapore and Malaysia
Adapted from Post-Colonial Literatures in English, ed. Rajeev S. Patke, 1998, by George P. Landow, Professor of English and Art History, Brown University; Distinguished Visiting Professor, NUS, 1998-99.
- The effect of ethnic politics on diasporic writers from Malaysia-Singapore.
- Nation-building and the English-language writer in Singapore or Malaysia.
- Bilingualism and poetry: specific instances from Singapore or Malaysia.
- Local resistance to metropolitan norms in writing: specific writers.
- Poets' prose: specific writers.
- Comparison between diasporic women writers: Bhatt and Lim.
- Feminine and feminist aspects of Lee
Tzu Pheng's poetry.
- A comparison between diasporic and local poets.
- A study of the most recent poetry in Singapore: select instances.